Teachers Involving Parents is a research-proven professional development program on parent involvement designed specifically for teachers!
The critical link between parent involvement and student achievement is clearly documented by decades of research. In fact, ESSA, Race to the Top and other educational reform programs include parent involvement in their goals, using student achievement as the measure of success.
It is essential to engage parents in doing their part to boost student achievement— however, educators don't always get the training they need to effectively involve parents. Now there is a research-proven program to help!
Based on the ground-breaking Hoover-Dempsey & Sandler research model of the parent involvement process, the Teachers Involving Parents is the only in-service program of its kind for teachers.
Participation in the six, 90-minute TIP program sessions will help teachers:
- engage parents and families to improve student achievement
- develop specific tools and strategies to support family engagement
- build confidence in their ability to work effectively with parents
- increase their sense of teaching efficacy and beliefs in their professional competence
- deeper their understanding of families' ability and commitment to helping their children learn
- facilitate and strengthen connections among colleagues to produce measurable, positive change in school-home partnerships
TIP provides all of these components to ensure your success:
- The Program Coordinator's Binder: Making TIP Work for You includes a program overview, background and objectives, pre- and post-surveys to evaluate your results, license and copyright information, experience-based suggestions for a successful program, information to help with facilitator selection and so much more!
- The Facilitator’s Binder includes over 200 pages of preparation instructions, warm-up activities, lessons, individual/group activities, PowerPoint slides, program profiles, a reproducible certificate of completion and more! (See samples.)
- The Workbook Binder includes research foundations, individual and group activity worksheets, implementation plans, references and useful resources, and more. (See samples.)
License this research-proven program to use year-after-year to upgrade teachers' skills and strengths for working with parents as problems change, solutions change, teachers change and parents change.
Teachers Involving Parents Program Pricing
|Small District (Up to 2,500 Students)
|Medium District (Up to 25,000 Students)
|Large District (Over 25,000 Students)
Regional Education Service/PIRC — Call for information.