This Audio CD offers ideas busy parents can use at home to tap their children's natural curiosity, stimulate their interest in math and build math skills— simultaneously.
With ideas and activities for use with children of all ages, this CD will help build a solid foundation of math knowledge and enable children to see how math is directly applicable to their everyday lives. Activities include using manipulatives at home, using "mental math" to estimate answers, secrets to solving word problems, having fun with fractions and decimals, overcoming math anxiety, using sports statistics to build math interest and more.
- Math walk. Silly question. More than one way.
- Manipulatives. Mental math.
- Word problems.
- Thinking games. Scavenger hunt.
- Card games. Fractions and decimals. License plates.
- ‘Math anxiety.' Sports statistics.
- When you need help.
Run time: 25 min.