This Audio CD offers ideas busy parents can use at home to help their children develop a healthy interest in reading, an appreciation of why reading is so important and a positive attitude about reading in and out of school.
Reading is a key to success in school for students of all ages. This CD is designed to help parents help their child develop a love of reading, make reading fun for students of all ages and master the skills that can make any child a better reader—especially those for whom reading is often an unpleasant chore.
- Read aloud. Hear the excitement.
- Questions. Practice reading aloud.
- Letter sounds. Late readers. Looking for books.
- Reading in bed. Male readers. ‘Serious' books.
- 20-minute miracle.
- TV. Reluctant readers.
- ‘Active reading.' Make sense.
- Book club. Family activity.
- Positive attitude.
Run time: 22 min.