Click Here to View Sample Pages
Enhance and promote your elementary school math program by engaging families with our comprehensive kit: Let's Do the Math!
Strong math skills are vital to the development of a competitive 21st century workforce. To prepare all students to be college- and career-ready, schools must set ever-higher math goals.
Effective family engagement is a critical tool for achieving those goals. Research studies have reported that high levels of outreach to parents and families resulted in 40% higher test scores in math, and schools with strong family engagement were 10 times more likely to improve student learning gains in math.
Let’s Do the Math has everything you need to empower elementary school families to support math learning and boost achievement. Its 100+ pages provide practical ideas anyone can use—grocery store math, intriguing math questions, entertaining math games, tips for helping a struggling (or excelling) student and more—that align with math standards, as well as ideas, materials and resources for you to keep families engaged with math all year long.
Appropriate for grades K-6, this kit includes these helpful components:
- A ready-to-use, professionally narrated video presentation for families
- An online portal that contains:
- The PowerPoint slide presentation and script, discussion guide, and tips for planning a successful meeting for you or another school staff member to narrate the presentation yourself.
- 10 ideas for family math events you can conduct at your school. Use the kit presentation alone or in conjunction with one of these events. You get information to help you organize, host and plan events including: Family Math Breakfast, Family Game Night, Hands-on STEM Night, and more!
- 15 reproducible parent handouts. Keep families involved all year with ideas for promoting persistence, overcoming math anxiety, linking math to the real world, supporting math homework and more!
- Publicity announcements and invitations. Use on social media, on your website, in emails to parents, as backpack flyers, as press releases, and more!
- 10 newsletter articles. Build math enthusiasm all year. Plus, get a sample form teachers can use to engage families to support specific math concepts at home.
- To keep the momentum going and math skills improving, you’ll get 14 math-related eTips (each in both English and Spanish and the perfect length for social media) to send to your families via text message, social media and parent portals. Click here to learn more about the eTips service.
PLUS — Two essential publications for promoting math achievement!
Your kit includes 50 printed copies each of two of our best-selling publications: What Families Can Do at Home to Help Students With Math parent booklet, and How to Do Better in Math (English-only) Student Tip brochure. You can order extra copies as needed.
All in a colorful, organized storage binder—hold all your kit components in one easy-to-find source for years of safekeeping!
Resource Kit Pricing
||English Kit Only
||English Kit with Spanish Supplement
For quantities not listed, please email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.