Let's Do the Math: Engaging Parents for Student Success
Enhance and promote your elementary school math program by engaging parents with our comprehensive kit: Let's Do the Math!
Strong math skills are vital to the development of a competitive 21st century workforce. To prepare all students to be college- and career-ready, schools must set ever-higher math goals.
Effective parent engagement is a critical tool for achieving those goals. Research studies have reported that high levels of outreach to parents resulted in 40% higher test scores in math, and schools with strong family engagement were 10 times more likely to improve student learning gains in math.
Let’s do the Math has everything you need to empower elementary school parents to support math learning and boost performance. Its 150+ pages provide practical ideas any parent can use—grocery store math, intriguing math questions, entertaining math games, tips for helping a struggling (or excelling) student and more—that align with Common Core key practice standards, as well as ideas, materials and resources for you to keep families engaged with math all year long.
Appropriate for grades K-6, this kit has all of these helpful components:
- A ready-to-use video containing the professionally narrated, 10-minute enhanced PowerPoint presentation for parents, Let’s do the Math: Ways You Can Build Your Child’s Math Skills.
- An online portal that contains:
- The PowerPoint slide presentation and script, discussion guide and Tips for Planning a Successful Meeting for you or another school staff member to use with a computer and projector to make the presentation yourself.
- 10 ideas for family math events you can conduct at your school. Use the kit presentation alone or in conjunction with one of these events. You get information to help you organize, host and plan events including: Family Math Breakfast, Family Game Night, Hands-on STEM Night, and more!
- 15 reproducible parent handouts. Keep parents involved all year with ideas for promoting persistence, overcoming math anxiety, linking math to the real world, supporting math homework and more!
- Publicity announcements/invitations. Use on Facebook, your website, emails to parents, backpack flyers, after-event press releases, more!
- 10 newsletter articles. Build math enthusiasm all year. Plus, get a sample form teachers can use to engage parents to support specific math concepts at home.
- 25-minutes of audio tracks titled Math: What Busy Parents Can Do at Home to Help Students. Provide parents with practical tips and activities on: estimation with “mental math,” the secret to solving word problems, fun with fractions, decimals and manipulatives and more! Includes a one year electronic subscription (on an MP3 file) for your website. A $60 value! booklet
- To keep the momentum going and math skills improving, you’ll get 14 math-related eTips (each in both English and Spanish and the perfect length for social media) to send to your parents via text message, FaceBook, parent portals and Twitter. Click here to learn more about the eTips service.
PLUS — Two Essential Publications for Promoting Math Achievement!
Your kit includes 50 printed copies each of two of our best-selling publications: What Parents Can Do at Home to Help Students With Math parent booklet, and How to Do Better in Math Student Tip brochure. You can order extra copies as needed.
All in a colorful, organized storage binder—hold all your kit components in one easy-to-find source for years of safekeeping!
Resource Kit Pricing
|Quantity||English Kit Only||English Kit with Spanish Supplement|
||$749.00 total||$958.00 total|
||$1,799.00 total||$2,295.00 total|
|10 Kits||$3,489.00 total||$4,490.00 total|
For quantities not listed, please email customer service at email@example.com.