Click Here to View Sample Pages
Research proves that families working with their children on reading greatly improves reading achievement!
With this comprehensive kit, schools can motivate families to stay involved in reading throughout the year by hosting literacy nights, back-to-school events, parent-teacher meetings, and more with a strong family engagement reading component!
Available in English and Spanish, the kit is appropriate for all elementary grades, and contains all of these helpful components:
- Two ways to present! Conduct your own family literacy workshops, or show the videos at parent-teacher conferences, before or during other school events and on your website. Families will learn ways to stimulate their child’s interest in reading at home and ideas for giving their children the vital reading foundation needed for success!
- Show the 10-minute, professionally narrated video focusing on what families can do at home to create an enriched home learning environment reading to and with their children.
- Or use the 10-minute enhanced PowerPoint presentation and script to conduct a workshop at your own pace, focusing on what all families need to know about reading and be reminded of frequently.
- Over 25 parent handouts! You can use these handouts all year long to keep families engaged in the reading education of their children. The handouts provide specific ideas to families of beginning readers and intermediate readers to help with common reading topics and concerns such as:
- Choosing books
- Reading aloud
- Struggling readers
- Library visits
- And more!
- Over 25 helpful pages to help you plan and host a successful event including:
- An event checklist to help you get organized
- Strategies for including all families (even the hard-to-reach!)
- Community engagement ideas
- Sample press releases
- Event surveys
- And more!
- Eight Program Profiles of clever and successful literacy events from across the nation are included. You can conduct one or all of the events—or mix the ideas together with your own for a unique event for your school or district. You'll get profiles of programs such as:
- Inspire Families With a 'Reading Road Race'
- Mobile Family Resource Center Reaches All
- Create Student Journalists
- Reading Baskets Promote Family Engagement
- Read Together
- ...just to name a few!
Plus, you'll receive 50 copies of one of our best-selling booklets, 25 Ways Parents Can Read With Children. Give them to families as a take-home companion to reinforce what they have learned.
All in a colorful, organized storage binder—hold all your kit components in one easy-to-find source for years of safekeeping!
This 90+ page resource kit (available in English and English with a Spanish supplement) has everything you need to engage families in their children's reading education! Designed to complement any existing reading program, the kit doesn't try to teach reading. Rather, it reminds families that reading to and with their children at home has a powerful positive effect on student success now and into the future.
Resource Kit Pricing
||English Kit Only
||English Kit with Spanish Supplement
For quantities not listed, please email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.