Bullying: Engaging Families, Students and Staff in Your Anti-Bullying Program
Three "turnkey" presentations (for teachers, support staff and parents) plus over 200 pages of resources will help you establish or enhance your anti-bullying program and comply with Department of Education policies. It is appropriate for elementary and secondary levels and will help your staff, parents, students and community understand the causes of bullying, how it affects achievement and what can be done to make a difference.
Bullying and cyberbullying are increasing and pose serious problems in schools. But there are proven ways schools can ensure safety and provide a stress-free learning environment. This kit has everything you need!
Recent data shows that one third of students ages 12 to 18 have been bullied, up from 1 in 10 in the 90’s. In fact, statistics prove that the bullies themselves are also adversely affected with 1 in 4 having a criminal record by the time they are 30 years old.
Evidence-based research also shows the devastating effects of bullying on student achievement. There are significant implications for the the victim, the bully, bystanders, parents and staff dealing with altercations. No student or school is immune to bullying. Bullying affects girls and boys, happens in large and small schools and in urban, suburban and rural areas. It undermines the ability of students to achieve their full potential.
The Education Department (ED) issued two policy memos on bullies to all schools warning of severe consequences, including funding restrictions, if schools don't comply.
The Parent Institute has just what you need! Our kit, Bullying: Engaging Families, Students and Staff in Your Anti-Bullying Program will help you establish or enhance your anti-bullying program and comply with ED policies. It is appropriate for elementary and secondary levels and will help your staff, parents, students and community understand the causes of bullying, how it affects achievement and what can be done to make a difference.
Available in English and Spanish, the kit is appropriate for both Elementary and Secondary levels, and contains all of these helpful components:
- Three "turnkey" enhanced PowerPoint presentations—for teachers, staff and parents.
- An online portal containing: the teacher, staff and parent PowerPoint slides and scripts to give the presentations yourself, plus Leader’s Guides to help you conduct successful meetings; advertising/planning tools such as media releases, parent letters and poster; and the kit’s printable materials including handouts, newsletter articles, survey, certificate and more!
- Over 200 pages of resources will help your staff, parents, students and community better understand the causes for bullying, how it affects student achievement and what can be done to make a difference.
- Resources for engaging staff: Materials to learn how to: create a Bully Prevention Leadership Team, a bullying contract, a survey, publicize your program’s policy/procedures and create/update your anti-bullying policy. Plus get a discipline rubric, checklist of best practices and Tools for Teachers that includes a list of ways to incorporate the topic of bullying into the existing curriculum, involving students in classroom rules and more!
- Resources for engaging parents. Includes bully program announcement letter, ways to conduct a parent-teacher conference on bullying and work with language barriers, 12 monthly articles to include in your parent newsletters to keep parents engaged all year long and more!
- Resources for engaging students. Help on how to: promote and reward positive character traits, establish an anonymous bullying reporting system, use contests to motivate students, involve students in creative classroom rules, build anti-bullying into the curriculum and more!
- Resources for engaging the community. You’ll get a media release, how-tos for business/school partnerships, ways to work with other schools and more.
- Plus, your kit will include 50 copies of Dealing with the Tough Issues…Bullying parent brochure, 50 copies of Questions Families Ask About…Bullying parent booklet, and 50 copies of Dealing with Bullies (English-only) Student Tip brochure.
All in a colorful, organized storage binder—hold all your kit components in one easy-to-find source for years of safekeeping!
Resource Kit Pricing
|Quantity||English Kit Only||English Kit with Spanish Supplement|
||$749.00 total||$958.00 total|
||$1,799.00 total||$2,295.00 total|
|10 Kits||$3,489.00 total||$4,490.00 total|
For quantities not listed, please email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.