Click Here to View Sample Pages
The time to start mapping the route to student success in college and career readiness is TODAY!
The College & Career Readiness presentation and resource kit is for middle and high school students, and the families and educators who guide them. Preparations made now will open the doors for future success.
Multiple research studies show that the strongest predictors of postsecondary school attendance and completion, particularly for minority and low-income students, are:
- Academic preparation
- Social support
- Access to information
- Family engagement
- Knowledge about postsecondary education options and financial aid
As family engagement is a critical component, schools must work together with families to ensure that students understand and take the steps necessary to reach their goals. Using a guided presentation and reproducible handouts, you will empower families to:
- Create an action plan for success that includes goals, expectations and a four-year plan of high school courses.
- Identify the student's strengths, interests and education options.
- Prepare for family/counselor/teacher/student conferences on college and career readiness and more.
Families will learn ways to build a support network, get ready for important testing, pay for postsecondary education, strengthen study habits and enable the student to take responsibility for learning.
In over 100 pages, the College & Career Readiness kit helps you engage all families and students to prepare for college and a career using evidence-based solutions.
The kit includes:
- Two videos (one middle school and one high school) for families: "The Roadmap to College and Career Readiness" discussing the top 10 level-appropriate ways families can help students navigate their way to college and a career.
- Two level-appropriate Leader's Guides that provide outlines and greater details for the family presentation, and related materials that include tips for planning successful meetings.
- A research review for school leaders to help you build support and understanding among staff, families and students called, "Making the Case: The Value of Family and Student Preparation to College and Career Readiness."
- Reproducible (print, website, social media) materials for engaging families and students that include level-appropriate sample informational letters, meeting invitations and other publicity materials.
- 50 copies each of two best-selling QuickTips brochures: Seven Habits of Highly Responsible Students and Help Your Child Balance School and Extracurricular Activities.
- A binder and online portal containing the PowerPoint slides for the family meeting, leader's presentation guides and all reproducible materials.
Keep students on track for future success!
The College & Career Readiness Kit helps prepare families and students to open doors for future success. In more than 100 pages, our kit helps you engage ALL families and students (including families who speak a language other than English, families of students who receive special education services and low-income families) to plan and prepare students for college and a career using evidence-based solutions. Order now!
Resource Kit Pricing
||English Kit Only
||English Kit with Spanish Supplement
For quantities not listed, please email customer service at email@example.com.